- The scholarship will be paid directly to the student or educational facility to further post-high school education in a field related to a career or to participate in a K-12 educational summer or after school program.
- Applicants must be a resident of New Mexico or Arizona.
- Graduating seniors must furnish a copy of their most recent high school transcripts (or GED scores) and proof of at least a 3.0 GPA for each semester/year they receive the scholarship. K-12 students must provide a school reference (name and contact information).
- Applicants must use the scholarship to attend an accredited vocational/technical school, community college, or university. (Or after school/summer educational program for k-12 students.)
- Applicants must provide at least one reference (name and contact information of a teacher, clergy, employer, OR school administrator who is not a relative).
- For any scholarship at or above $500 the applicant must make a commitment to give back to Los Ojos de la Familia through volunteer service of 4 hours.
- For any scholarship, recipient must agree to allow their name and photograph to be released for publication; permit review of this application and enclosed school transcripts by anyone representing the scholarship committee; use the scholarship to further their education; and maintain a GPA of 3.0 or higher.